Yes, its that time again. I'm whimsical and capricious, thank you for noticing.
1. Music: "Things Ain't Like They Used to Be" by The Black Keys, "If I Can't Have You" by Etta James (an old fave of mine, but its back in the rotation), "Suffragette City" by Bowie, "Bigmouth Strikes Again" by The Smiths, "Jesus" by The Velvet Underground (Yes, The Velvet Underground-singers of "Herione", managed by Andy Warhol, toting a fallic banana-singing about Jesus...how much better does life get? I'll take that one...it doesn't. Unless you're listening to this while eating cake batter Ben & Jerry's ice cream, which I am. If David Beckham were giving me a backrub, I'd really think I accidentally died and didn't realize it.)
2. My Sedu hair straightener that's in the mail on its way to me in time for my Birthday! I will become a completely different person. I'm thinking about being Walter Mondale.
3. Aforementioned heavenly Ben & Jerry's cake batter ice cream.
4. Anne Tyler (specifically "Dinner at the Homesick Cafe")
5. My birthday. Its not for two weeks and one day, though. But I usually get fired up about July 4 (the day immediately after Ben's birthday) but this year I'm not as excited. I'm going to start to get fired up...up, up, up, up, up... (any Hixson Wildcats get that reference??)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment