Did I mention Suede always talks in third person?
"Suede chose Libra as his inspiration."
"Suede didn't want it to be too over-the-top"
PS-I love the Diane VonFurstenburg AmEx commercial. I want to be her. Only I'm her opposite. I am prime for an existential crisis at some point...
Ed. Note: Suede's real name is apparently Stephen Whitney Baum. It took me ten minutes to find that on the Internetz. Ten minutes I don't have, because I need to be studying. Then I spent five minutes perusing Suede fun factoids. I'm a fiend! Apparently, the guy is loaded and owns several homes and gave a ton of money to Kent State, where he graduated. And he occasionally refers to himself in the second person. Is that right? Does Suede refer to himself as "you"? He is you and you are he? That's very philospohical. Very Zen Buddhist. Very "Strangers" by The Kinks. Fifteen minutes of my life I will never get back. Fifteen minutes which included who was actually kicked off PR, so now I have to go back and rewind...
Ed Note #2: I'm back because I just thought about two genius, fecund novels which are written in second person narrative. Genius. Supergenius. Read them and love them. Start with "Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas" by Tom Robbins. Lovelovelove. Then try "Absalom, Absalom!" by William Faulkner. You'll end up falling asleep or crying after two minutes. That was on Oprah's book list. I'm waiting for her to fire up some Proust and really get the Soccer Moms going.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment