Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sephora Euphoria

For my birthday, I received a gift certificate to Sephora which upon receipt in my e-mail box caused me to make a very loud noise which caused three people in surrounding cubicles at work to ask if I was okay. Actually, two asked if I was okay, one asked if I had gotten a RIF notice. People are jumpy on my floor these days. Anyway...because I have no witty stories or exciting happenings to keep the blog floating along right now, I'm just going to list what I bought form Sephora.

(Ed. Note: I realize not all my blog subjects are going to appeal to all readers, such as books, Project Runway, Sephora...bear with me. I'll make a nice self-depricating post that we can all enjoy on Friday after I twirl my baton for the first time in ten years at my high school's Homecoming pre-game show. There may even be sequins and/or spandex involved, if only just for fun. I may even need to do a recreation of the big moment for a select audience later. Followed by an encore of "Talent and Interview in the Junior Miss pageant-1997" starring myself as "Interview Lori" and my cat as "Talent Lori" because she will likely give a more accurate flavor of my hitting myself in the head and running around stage after my baton wearing a ridiculous leiderhosen/tu-tu getup.)

Things Purchased at Sephora (Sep 2008 version)
1. Nail polish in some sort of industrial, rock 'n roll gray color called "Run With It". Three trusted friends have told me this was a bad idea, so we'll see if I look like I've gotten a fungus.
2. A reasonable red nail polish color. Its called "I'm with Brad". Who comes up with this? I'd love to be the color naming person. How about lipstick in "Sarah Palin Pit bull" or "Obama Pig"? Colors really say something about you now. How about "I have low standards"? Or "Deceptively high maintenance, you should be aware." "Too lazy and cheap to go to the nail place"? That's the color I really should have. Or blush in "I picked this color to make me look like I haven't accidentally stayed up too late reading Nick Hornby book reviews." Lip gloss in a nice shade of "I'm really not planning on kissing anyone anytime in the next hour, that's obvious."
3. NARS lip gloss in Orgasm. Speaking of astute names for lip gloss. If you keep up (the one of you), you will know I've been an Orgasm blush devotee for years, so I'm hoping to look extra flushed now. There's got to be a joke here somewhere, but I'm too tired to find it. Maybe I'll come back to this...
4. Philosophy face peel kit. I'm no spring chicken. I'm going to rid myself of that pesky top layer of skin and emerge from my bathroom with baby-tushie skin. Theoretically. Or just look like the guy from Mask. Or Cher, for that matter. Maybe I can distract people with my gray fingernails if it comes to that.

No comments: