My parents were storing (against their will) several boxes of my stuff, which included all my old photo albums, yearbooks, sorority crap, etc. Finally, it was politely returned to me. Let me tell you, my memories are heavy baggage...it took Ben and I combined to get that thing into the house.
Anyway, some observations/fond memories:
1. My leiderhosen outfit from the talent portion of Junior Miss. I twirled the baton to an instrumental montage from "The Sound of Music". I was en fuego until I got blinded by a spotlight and hurled the baton into the air and right into a rafter and it ricocheted down onto my head and rolled offstage. You pretty much can't recover from retrieving your baton from behind a curtain with your ruffled butt the only part of you sticking out onstage. I personally believe this is what kept me out of the top three. That, and the interview portion where I said my hero was F. Scott Fitzgerald because he was a genius and he put up with his crazy wife Zelda. I should have stuck to Oprah, Madeline Albright or someone else with ambition and a vajayjay.
2. Wow, I had a lot of boyfriends.
3. In our Senior book, we made predictions of where we thought us and our friends would be. I'm freakishly on target. I am a little psychic.
4. I was a lot cuter than I thought I was back then. And blonder.
5. Speaking of Trixies, I was a TOTAL Trixie in college. I didn't know anything about anything and didn't even realize it. I think this is typical. But when you're platinum blonde and loud-you look like an even bigger ass.
6. I found my ADPi pin. And someone else's ADPi pin, oddly enough. ATF, pledge class of 1997, if you're out there-call me.
7. A classic picture of Brodie and I in some sort of ridiculous stage show holding a giant sign which says "Stacked".
8. Even more classic picture of BEN and me at an ADPi Crush party in 2003, which is PROOF he was a greek participator at least once! Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment