Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Demographic

If you really want to know what kind of person you are at your core, order a few things you like off the internet. Then get a few magazine subscriptions. Then see what shows up in your mailbox, its like the Myers-Briggs only more insulting.
Okay, when we first bought a house I bought a few things from Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, etc. Fine. After you continue to order a few things here and there, you get "figured out" and they guess your demographic. I mean, a gal orders Yoga Journal, something for a sewing machine, something cat-related as a gift and BookMarks magazine then it happens...I'm now on the menapause mailing list. You just don't even want to know what they sell in those catalogs. Also, based on some of my husband's choices they think he's a twelve-year-old boy. So, according to my mailbox Ben and I are a boy and his grandmother. Pokemon and herbal hormone treatments. Depressing.

No comments: