Monday, June 22, 2009

Things I Love

I haven't done this in a while, mostly because I've been in a rut. I talk about "The Rut" all the time. My husband has moved from being quietly supportive of my flight from ennui to making fun of my repeated rut-referencing. Whatever, The Post-Graduation Rut is real and I'm being very proactive in hauling myself out of it. So, here are "Things I Love: Rut-Busting Edition":

1. Sera Cahoone. I just discovered her through an article on NPR. The song "Only As the Day is Long" is my current jam.
2. Old Man Wifebeaters. The perfect summer top. I've worn them layered under racerback dresses, done up with a cute necklace and a voluminous, long linen skirt, and (of course) Sublime-style with some cargo shorts.
3. My Hammock. For graduation, B got me this hammock I mentioned every time we entered Rock/Creek or the Grapevine in the past two years. I strung it up in the backyard and its the most delicious summer lounge-tivity on earth.
4. The Cumberland Trail. The AT is for wimps. Hike a trail that's not even cleared yet.
5. Sea of Shoes: This girl is so stylish! And in that way that I will never be, which is SUPER ballsy. I have no idea who she is or what's her story. All I know is I want her closet and the guts to wear the stuff in it.

No comments: