I'm 1/10 of the way through.
The five minute meditations are actually very nice, although I'm very ready to be finished by minute 4. Next week will definitely test my stillness and willpower, which is, I guess, the point. I've actually surprised myself with my mental calmness, although meditating at 6:45AM is as close to hitting the snooze button as meditating, but whatever. I may be putting too much stock into this whole "40 Day" process, I really expect to uncover some sort of revelation about myself or tap into a whole new side of me I didn't know existed. I'm really not so sure that's going to happen, but at least the consolation prize will be fantastic abs. And who knows? I may be so exhausted and calm in a couple of weeks, I may just have a breakdown on my mat. Again. Yes, I've had spontaneous tears while doing yoga. I've heard its not uncommon, especially in certain poses. I won't bore you with details about holding certain emotions in your hip muscles, because, frankly, it sounds like crap to me too when I write it down and look at it. But I did have a very emotional reaction and not from the pain of Pigeon Pose, although that would have been reason enough to cry.
I've actually been super fired up about my yoga classes, I thought for sure in the first week it would be hard to get motivated to haul it to the studio every other day. Also, I have been freakishly hungry. I've only done full power yoga once, so I know I'm not burning a lot more calories. Not sure what's going on there, but I'm trying to stick with the program and eat healthy. And when I can't eat healthy, I'm trying to at least be vegetarian. (Mashed potatoes, I love you.) Tonight's vegetarian sensation? Zuchinni and White Bean Saute'. I think Ben already has Pizza Hut on speed dial in case things don't go well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment