Sunday, January 18, 2009

Moving to the Next Level

I have a small cold and I decided to push through and go to yoga anyway because (although no one believes this) it cures me. So, I was worried I wouldn't be able to hang because I had the cold and I haven't been to a power yoga class in a week and a half because I am having a chaturanga-related shoulder issue. For non-yogis, a chaturanga is basically a push-up with your arms closer to your body that you end up doing between almost every series of poses, so I'd estimate you do about 20-30 in one class. So, having an issue with it is a big deal.

Anyway, I noticed this class was pretty hard but I didn't let myself wimp out and come down out of any poses. At the end of class the instructor told us that we'd just done a Level 2 class. And I never came out of any poses!! Technically, I've accomplished my goal for 2009, but I am going to try to go to a 2/3 class anyway, now that my confidence is up. I'm just very impressed with myself. And my cold is gone! I told B that I was officially Level 2 material and he made some sort of remark about yoga people being like Dungeons & Dragons. Pfft.

No comments: