Facebook announced today that there are as many people on Facebook as there are in the United States. Duh, Zuckerburg. My Dad's on Facebook-that's how many people are on Facebook. Once my Mom gets on Facebook, it will be as ubiquitous as the spoon.
Here are my thoughts now that I've adjusted to life with my Dad on Facebook.
1. Status updates are no longer a thrill when your Dad's are funnier than yours.
2. I know he's watching, so I feel the urge to put status updates like "Lori is diligently checking her tire pressure with every oil change" or some such.
3. No more funny rap lyrics as status updates, they just frighten the over-50 set.
4. There's a picture of my Dad getting fake-arrested in front of a bar on Duvall. I didn't even drink on Duvall when we were in Key West, because I "had to get up early the next morning". Lo-oser.
5. Its disturbing knowing that there's someone on Facebook that could post naked baby pictures of you at any point, should things get ugly. Minding my P's and Q's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment