I just realized I'm a fan of 46 things on Facebook. Normally, this would strike me as excessive and make me force myself to make some cuts. However, I'm reading "On Beauty" by Zadie Smith and there's a character in her book, who is far more creative and inspired than I will ever be, but she reminded me of myself-the way she talks and the way the author described her. She is a poet and she's just so enthusiastic and inspired by everything. Zadie Smith has an amazing way of describing humanness in a way that's true, but not judging. Its all laid out there with all of its tension and awkwardness. I love it. Again, getting all enthusiastic even about what is essentially my most annoying characteristic thrown in my face.
Here is all 43 that I'm a fan of:
1. Chattanooga Nature Center
2. Cumberland Trail Conference
3. Tennessee Aquarium: obviously
4. The Chattanooga Market: went there today, yum!
5. Shiner Bock
6. Lululemon Athletica: I'm torn on this, because I'm anti-designer yogi, but you can't deny that moisture-wicking material is much better than cheap-o Target pants when its 95 degrees in that biotch
7. Life is Good: cheesy, but I like it
8. Lindt: you know, I actually hate chocolate, but I love their white chocolate truffles
9. SushiGuru: my friend from high school created this app for the iPhone, which is a sushi dictionary. He speaks Japanese (among many other languages) and is a fantastic photographer, he's just super creative and inspiring.
10. Sweet Tea: my drink of choice
11. North Shore Yoga
12. Kate Spade: I hate myself for loving Kate Spade so much. I told myself I wasn't 'designer handbag girl'. Then I got one. Now I have three, with my eye on another. Its sick.
13. Sephora: I'm a beauty product junkie!!!
14. TN Valley Federal Credit Union: I love my bank.
15. Tennessee State Parks: shout out to my park ranger buddy, Josh
16. Oxford Town Square: the most inspiring trip I've ever taken was to Oxford. It changed my life.
17. Natural Body Spa & Shop: Just looking at their website relaxes me
18. Sweet Chocolate Swirls: two of my friends create this stuff and sell it at the Market every Sunday. I'm jealous of their craftiness!!
19. Square Books: my favorite bookstore in the world. I have not been to every bookstore in the world, but I'm pretty confident this will never be beaten. William Faulkner passed out drunk in front of this bookstore. Done. For life.
20. Boutique Couture: one of my incredibly stylish sorority sisters opened this formalwear boutique. I drool in the window everytime I pass.
21. Grapevine Chattanooga: if my husband and I opened a store selling random crap we like, it would be this store: yoga, disc golf, hiking, art, books. Love it.
22. Greenlife Grocery: my personal chef
23. Aretha Frankensteins: crap service, great food
24. Chattz Coffee: every day. Including Saturdays. And sometimes Sundays at Greenlife.
25. Bluegrass Grille
26. Spankies
27. Tennessee Tech University
28. Southern Brewer's Festival: the highlight of my year!!!
29. Friends of the Cumberland Trail
30. Marriage Equality
31. Crabtree Farms of Chattanooga
32. AEC Conference on Southern Literature: has 19 fans. That's just sad. Its my dream to have enough power to turn Chattanooga into the Southern Literature hub.
33. NPR
34. The Daily Show
35. Tennessee Titans: first preseason game next weekend...YESSSS!
36. Statler and Waldorf
37. Eudora Welty: 153 Fans. That's it. People are idiots. From the first story I read of hers, it just clicked. There are a few things in life that I just feel instantly connected to and her work is one of those things.
38. Sarah Vowell: snarky, quirky, grumpy. She writes like I sound before I've had my coffee.
39. Arthur Laffer: has more fans than Eudora Welty.
40. Nick Hornby: Read his collection of book reviews for The Believer...you will laugh until you snort
41. Dalai Lama: everyone makes fun of me, but I flew to Denver to see him lecture at the Pepsi Center on my 27th birthday.
42. David Sedaris: also hilarious
43. McSweeney's: 'cause I'm a supergeek, supergeek, she's supergeeky!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment